The Joy Of Soy… 16 Reasons Why We Love Soy Candles
Wondering if natural soy candles are the best? …or if soy wax candles are better for your health and the health of your family? Let’s have a look at your options…
There are 3 main types of waxes used for candle making… Soy Wax, Beeswax and Paraffin Wax. Beeswax comes from a beehive… of course. Our family has several beehives. Bees have to work very hard to make a small amount of beeswax, it’s always in short supply and it’s very expensive. It’s even more expensive if you want organic beeswax from local, chemical free and reputable beehives. That’s why, when you buy a candle it will most likely be made from Soy Wax or Paraffin Wax.
When a candle doesn’t say what kind of wax it’s made from then it’s usually paraffin wax.
Paraffin is a petroleum based wax that is a by-product of oil production and processing. This type of candle wax has a lot of chemicals added during the manufacturing process and can release chemical pollutants into the air when burning such as acrolein, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, toluene, benzene, acetone and that’s just to name a few. Exposure to these chemicals may lead to health risks such as allergies, asthma and some say even cancer.
Soy wax is a pure, clean and sustainable wax.
In addition to sustainability, a well-made soy candle will burn cleanly and slowly. While the performance and beauty of soy candles speak for themselves, soy wax is truly an eco-friendly, biodegradable and sustainable product. Lemon Canary’s candles contain the highest quality soy waxes available…
Here’s 16 reasons why we only use and make pure soy candles with our special eco soy wax.
- Pure clean wax.
- Clean burning. Non-toxic.
- 100% plant based vegetable wax.
- All natural. Biodegradable. Sustainable.
- Eco-friendly. Good for the environment.
- Manufactured from renewable sources. Soy can be replaced at a rate faster than the rate of consumption.
- Slower burn rate. And candles last longer.
- No petroleum or paraffin based ingredients.
- Free of pesticides and herbicides.
- Vegan. No animal or beeswax ingredients.
- Not tested on animals.
- Kosher certified
- Burns cooler. Avoid wax burns.
- Does not stain. That means you do no need to worry about ruining clothing, furniture or other items.
- Worry free use around children and pets.
- Stronger and purer scent throw.
Not all soy waxes are created equal. There’s good and bad. We can only speak for the waxes used in Lemon Canary’s candle making studio. And they are the very best. No expense is spared and no compromises are made when it comes to soy wax we use.
The quality of the soy candles these waxes produce is unequalled. High quality, professionally and lovingly made soy candles might not be the cheapest candles you can buy but they are the candles you want to burn for the health of your family and the environment.
Hopefully this gives you a little bit of a glimpse of why we love soy so much!