Top 7 Candle Safety Tips
The beauty and ambiance of a lit candle in your home or at a special event is simply wonderful. I love it! In that sweet atmosphere of calm and tranquility it’s easy forget about safety and other risks. But a lit candle is an open flame and a potential fire hazard. The container and wax can become quite hot as well. So it’s a good idea to be aware of the potential hazards and take some safety steps that not only protect you but give you peace of mind too. I know… thinking about safety isn’t my favourite things to either so lets get to it.
Here’s my top 7 candle safety tips to keep you safe when using and enjoying your Lemon Canary candles…
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always keep candles away from all flammable materials.
- Keep candles in a safe place out of the reach of children and animals.
- Always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level, stable surface.
- Don’t touch and never move candles while burning. Wait for them to be cool before moving.
- Don’t burn candles all the way down to the bottom. Stop using the candle when 1cm of wax remains in the bottom. Burning to the bottom may cause the container to break and other damage.
- Don’t burn your candles for longer than 3 hours at a time.
I believe that a well made candle from a loving and professional creator can light up your life. So love your candles, look after them, treasure them, enjoy them and (of course!) use them safely:)
You Might Also Like This…
- How To Care For Your Soy Candles (If you love candles, you’ll love this info)
- The Joy Of Soy… 16 Reasons Why We Love Soy Candles (The healthy non-toxic option… learn more about it)