Choosing scents can be a challenge when selecting the right candles and diffusers for your store, brand or event.
Here’s some tips and thoughts for you to help make this process a successful one that will hopefully avoid lost opportunities, low sales and slow moving stock.
- Less is more. Fewer choices help customers make buying decisions.
- Start small and add more scents later.
- Your customers may not like what you like. This is often a truth that is hard to accept.
- Selecting scents is a journey, not a destination. Be willing to start, learn and adjust as you go.
- You can’t please 100% of the people all the time.
- Ask yourself, “If I had to choose one scent for my store, what would it be?”. Start here… is your brand more fruity, floral, sweet, woody or spicy?
Here’s 4 scenting strategies you might like to consider for your store or brand…