WHERE ARE PRIVATE CLASSES HELD?
This private one-on-one class is held at the Lemon Canary studio which is approximately a 20-25 minute drive in normal traffic from the Gold Coast Airport.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
– Learn how to make your very own soy candles, tealight candles and wax melts.
– Understand the art and process of candle making. Learn how to solve common candle making problems in an easy and simple way.
– Learn how to use fragrances including fragrant oils and essential oils.
– Learn about different types of waxes and what temperatures to use for melting and pouring that make the best candles.
WHO IS THIS PRIVATE WORKSHOP FOR?
This private candle making class is suitable for all levels of expertise. This class is hands-on, personalised and tailored to your requirements. It’s ideal for beginners who have never made a candle before, candle makers who have intermediate candle making skills and those who would like to start or grow a candle making business.
This class is not suitable for small children however children over the age of 10 who will be accompanied by an adult are welcome.
WHAT TO BRING
Everything is provided but you are welcome to bring some extra special things you would like to use…
– A favourite vessel or jar that you may want to use.
– Any essential oils you’d like to scent your candles with.
– A pen and notepad.
– An apron to protect your clothes.
WHAT TO WEAR
Please wear casual clothes and flat closed in shoes for safety and comfort. (No high heels please). Keep in mind making candles can be a little messy.
WHAT DO YOU GET TO TAKE HOME?
You will take home…
1. 2 Classic glass candle votives
3. a gold travel tin candle
4. some tealight candles
5. and melts all made by you.
The value of these products is over $140. Approximately 1kg of wax, wicks, wick stickers, caution stickers, fragrance, an instructional workbook (via email) and more are all included. We are flexible, this is your private class so if you want to bring vessels for filling you are welcome. The best way to learn is practice. Additional wax and scent is available for $45 per kg. Please note our handmade ceramic candle bowls are not included.
We are very careful about the ingredients we use (eg. no Rosemary essential oil) but if you are under 3 months pregnant we recommend to stay at home, put your feet up and play it safe. Essential and fragrance oils will be used in this class.
If time allows we will do a little candle decorating with flowers and crystals. We do private classes just on this subject if you are interested. The reason for this is that the time we have is limited and the candles you make may not be ready for decorating. We also want to ensure you can safely take your candles home at the end of the class if possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please give us at least 48 hours notice if you cannot attend your private class to avoid forfeiting the class. If you give us 48 hours or more notice we are happy to offer you a different class date.